Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4T 4

Cool Cat


Cool Cat Teacher

For the past two weeks I have been reading and commenting on the Cool Cat teacher blog written by Vicki Davis. Vicki Davis, is a mother and full time teacher in Camilla, Georgia. The first post that I read on her blog, Vicki Davis listed a lot of different links that she thought were helpful to teachers. She first lists the link and then either comments on or summarizes it. I personally thought the 9 ways to start a 9am meeting on time link the best because one of my biggest pet peeves is being late. I told Ms. Davis that I really liked her blog and thought it was very helpful and she wrote me back thanking me for commenting.

In the second blog post, Ms. Davis tells about a former student who wrote a letter to her about another one of his teachers. The student, Jessy Irwin states that the reason he is writing the letter is to publicize the work that one of his favorite teachers, Professor Boyer, is doing. The student writes about how Professor Boyer has used YouTube and other forms of media to attract stars and famous people to do interviews with his class of more than 3000. Professor Boyer even managed to get the leader of a peace movement in Burma to do a Skype interview. The student has great things to say about his favorite Professor, but the reason that Ms. Davis posted the letter was because of the emphasis the letter puts on technology in the classroom and how Professor Boyer has made great use of it. I wrote Ms. Davis and told her that I really enjoyed the post and that I looked forward to hearing about the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment