Monday, November 21, 2011

Blog 13

Wolfram-Alpha



For this blog post, I chose to do option one. In this assignment, I was introduced to Wolfram-Alpha. I used this site to look up the populations of China, India, and the United States between the years of 2008 and 2011. I was not aware of how easy it is to use Wolfram-Alpha, you can type in any subject and get all kinds of information about it. While doing the search, I found out that the population in China in 2008 was 1.31 billion, and today the population is approximately 1.37 billion. That is a lot of people! I also found that in 2008 India’s population was 1.18 billion, and today it is around 1.23 billion. The population in the United States in 2008 was around 304 million, and today it is about 313 million. I knew that China had a large population, but I never realized how many people that really is. I had fun using Wolfram-Alpha, and I will definitely be using it in the future! For my search next week: what percentage of the population in Israel is male and what percentage is female?

2 comments:

  1. Brianne,

    I like this search engine, so I am glad you gave it a shot! I like the search you have for the next time - interesting! Make sure you answered ALL of the questions pertaining to this post (I think you finish it in post #14)

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not used this search engine. It seems like a great search engine to use.

    ReplyDelete