Sunday, October 2, 2011

C4K Summaries

Students using computer


C4K 1
In this C4K I was assigned to Sarah, a student who wrote about her desire to be a teacher, have a million kittens, and live in a mansion. Sarah's first post mostly had just simple sentences which made for an easy and interesting read. I told her that I too planned on becoming a teacher and shared her enthusiasm in some of the things that she mentioned, including being shy and helping the elderly. Sarah was very sweet and even wrote back saying, "Brianne Woods It is so cool that we are alike in ways."

C4K 2
The second C4K that I was assigned was actually the same girl, Sarah. This time, she posted a Wordle, much like the one we did in class, in the shape of a musical note. Her Wordle had hot pink letters on a black background which really made the pink stand out. I commented and told her that it looked awesome and unique and that pink was my favorite color.

C4K 3
The third C4K I was assigned was for a blog from a girl named Alex. In her blog she tells about how she went to a theme park with her family. She didn't like waking up early to go, but she did have a lot of fun and even said she ate a good burger from a restaurant. I commented and told her that I also love going to theme parks and told her she did a good job on her blog.

C4K 4
In this C4K assignment, I was assigned to comment on the St. Elmo's Explorers Blog. These students were fortunate enough to have Lucy Buffet donate iPad's to their school. I thanked and congratulated the students and told them that I was excited that they had the opportunity to use new technology for educational purposes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete