Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T 1




I was assigned to read Mr. Frank Noschese's blog. In the first post that I read, Mr. Noschese talked about students being afraid to step out and take chances. He stated that the reason why students were not open to taking chances is because they are afraid of messing up. I commented on his post and agreed with him. I told him I also think that students are scared of failure. I said that students become discouraged when they hit their first road block and they do not want to keep trying. I stated that I feel that it is important that teachers stress to students that it is okay to mess up. People normally do not solve a problem on the first try, it takes time. Messing up is okay.
In Mr. Noschese's second post, he posted a blog from Daryl Taylor. Mr. Taylor is a high school physics and astronomy teacher in Connecticut. Mr. Taylor travels to different schools all over the world and runs collaborations in classrooms. In my comment, I told Mr. Noschese that I thought that the best thing about Mr. Taylor's response is that it shows how much emphasis he puts on different ways of teaching. Collaborations are very useful in keeping students interested and helping them to have an open mind and Mr. Taylor uses this strategy very well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that in order for students to succeed in school they must be willing to step out of their comfort zone and take chances. And, if they do make a mistake, they should be encouraged to keep trying and keep working. I think it is important to provide a learning environment that encourages students to take these risks. Great post and summary of the teachers blog!

    ReplyDelete