Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post 4

Podcasting



The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
by :Joe Dale
www.joedale.typepad.com


I never realized how useful and helpful that podcasting can be until I watched this video. The thing that stuck out to me the most is how helpful podcasting can be for students who have been absent. Podcasting is a great way for teachers to record their lectures and put online for students. Not only is podcasting a great tool for students who are absent, but it is also will allow students to go back and listen to lectures while reviewing for tests. Podcasting also provides students a fun way to learn. There are many projects that students can do which involve them learning to make their own podcast. I know that I will definitely be using podcast in my classroom.



100 Ways to Use Your IPod to Learn and Study Better
www.bspcn.com

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of an IPod is that you use it while listening to music. While that is true, the IPod is used in many other helpful ways. Students use their IPods not only to listen to music, but also to listen to podcasts, read books, and play games. Apple provides a large selection of apps which can be very useful in helping children learn. I think that the IPod, when used the right way, can be a great way to help students and teachers.



Langwitches
www.langwitches.org


“1st Graders Create Their Own Read-Along Audio Book” is an article about a class that creates a podcast. The students in the class were recorded reading parts of a story and then the teacher took those recordings and put them on the internet for a podcast. Then the teacher made a booklet so the students could follow their own voices as they read. What a great reading exercise! The teacher recognized the fact that some students learn better when they hear something rather than seeing it. Making this podcast was a great and creative way to help the students learn and I will definitely be trying ideas like this in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Brianne,
    I also watched the video "The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom" and also did not realize how useful and helpful it could be. You mentioned several benefits for students that I agree with but, there are also benefits for parents. Many parents want to be involved in their children's education, podcasting is a great way for them to see what is going on in the classroom.

    I also read the article "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better". I have always thought of just using an iPod for music. Like you, this article showed me how the iPod can be used in many ways to help teachers and students.

    I also read "1st Graders Create Their Own Read-Along Audio Book". I loved this idea! It is a great way for students to get involved and get excited about reading. I will also be trying some of these ideas in the future!

    I enjoyed reading your blog post! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have been inspired to be a podcasting teacher. I hope these assignments helped prepare you to do your podcast.

    ReplyDelete